HBase, mail # user - Is Put() operation a synchronous call on server side?

+
yun peng 2012-12-06, 13:02
Re: Is Put() operation a synchronous call on server side?
Harsh J 2012-12-06, 14:06
Hi Yun,

Yes, a single Put call is safely synchronous in nature. A Put is
placed on the WAL, added to the MemStore, and then returned back as a
success to the client if all went well.

A Put does not directly go to disk, and gets flushed from the MemStore
based on regular flushing patterns or based on manual invocations of
flush called on its region or its table.

The path to follow is quite simple - A Put goes from a Client (HTable)
to a RegionServer (HRegionServer). You've already read the Client
areas, so if you read HRegionServer#put(…) method(s), which is the
server-end of it, you'll see the Server-RPC end of it.

--
Harsh J
+