HBase >> mail # user >> HBase client hangs after connecting to Zookeeper in pseudo-mode

+
Pal Konyves 2013-03-20, 00:02
+
Mohammad Tariq 2013-03-20, 00:30
+
Pal Konyves 2013-03-20, 00:43
+
Mohammad Tariq 2013-03-20, 00:56
+
Pal Konyves 2013-03-20, 01:05
+
Mohammad Tariq 2013-03-20, 01:09
+
lars hofhansl 2013-03-20, 00:17
+
Pal Konyves 2013-03-20, 00:39
Re: HBase client hangs after connecting to Zookeeper in pseudo-mode
Yes. You can connect from any remote client. Try to go through this
link<http://cloudfront.blogspot.in/2012/06/how-to-configure-habse-in-pseudo.html#.UUs3HTWH6IQ>and
see if it helps. If you follow all the steps properly, hopefully
you'll
be able to do it.
Pal Konyves <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> progress! not... I'm still struggling with it. I changed all my hosts
> files have the external ip of the VM and the 127.0.0.1 point to
>
> hostname 'debian' (that was the original name of the machine). I
> changed every config files to use the hostname 'debian'. I formated
> the hdfs, but no luck, the client still hangs. I will probably have to
>
> debug this stuff.
>
> But still, if you have any ideas, please tell me! I have to make
> progress at learning HBase, so if I cannot get it work in
> pseudo-distributed mode, can I connect to it from a remote client in
>
> standalone mode?
>
> Thanks,
> Pal
>
> On Wed, Mar 20, 2013 at 2:09 AM, Mohammad Tariq <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>

>> Yes. Either add "192.168.1.102   localhost" here or just change your config
>> properties in the config files to contain "debian-vm" at all the places.
>>
>> No prob. I am also sleepy. It's already 6:40 am here in India :)
>>
>> Warm Regards,
>> Tariq
>> https://mtariq.jux.com/
>> cloudfront.blogspot.com
>>

>> On Wed, Mar 20, 2013 at 6:35 AM, Pal Konyves <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>>

>>> okay, it reads for the VM:
>>> 192.168.1.102  debian-vm
>>> 192.168.1.102  debian
>>> 127.0.0.1         localhost
>>>
>>> # and some ipv6 setup
>>>

>>> For the host machine:
>>> 192.168.1.102      debian-vm
>>>
>>> shall I set the config files so everywhere it references to debian-vm?
>>>
>>> I will try it tomorrow, because it's getting late here.
>>>
>>> Pal

>>> "127.0.0.1",

>>> resolved

>>> 127.0.0.1(courtesy