HBase, mail # user - zookeeper node count

zookeeper node count
Henry Hung 2013-07-25, 08:44
Hi All,

My understanding is that hbase master node and hadoop name node are the single point of failures in the cluster.
So for Production environment I will have 2 servers configured as Active / Passive Cluster with share storage, if the Active server crashed, then Passive will take over and bring up the name node / master node.
Now my only concern is the zookeeper node, right now I intend to run single zookeeper node in Active server, and configured it to be able to failover to Passive when disaster happens.
My question is can I always use 1 zookeeper node to handle all clients request? Or should I scale it according to how many client that will make read/write?

Best regards,
Henry

The privileged confidential information contained in this email is intended for use only by the addressees as indicated by the original sender of this email. If you are not the addressee indicated in this email or are not responsible for delivery of the email to such a person, please kindly reply to the sender indicating this fact and delete all copies of it from your computer and network server immediately. Your cooperation is highly appreciated. It is advised that any unauthorized use of confidential information of Winbond is strictly prohibited; and any information in this email irrelevant to the official business of Winbond shall be deemed as neither given nor endorsed by Winbond.