Hadoop >> mail # user >> Is that a good practice?

Is that a good practice?
Hi,

in my small development cluster I have a master/slave node and a slave node,
and I shut down the slave node at night. I often see that my HDFS is
corrupted, and I have to reformat the name node and to delete the data
directory.

It finally dawns on me that with such small cluster I better shut the
daemons down, for otherwise they are trying too hard to compensate for the
missing node and eventually it goes bad. Is my understanding correct?

Thank you,
Mark