Pig >> mail # user >> UDFContext NULL JobConf

UDFContext NULL JobConf
Hi,

I am stuck. In my UDF (Java) extends EvalFunc the following code throws and
NPE in exec(), when executed in -x mapred mode:

Configuration jobConf = UDFContext.getUDFContext().getJobConf();
System.err.println(jobConf.toString());

I did not find any useful information as why my JobConf is always null. All
I find is that this is the right way to get the JobConf in a UDF and that
the behavior of what is returned when running locally (jira issue).

Any ideas? I am running it on a very old Hadoop version 0.20.2 Are there
some known issues? I use Pig 0.11.1

Many thanks in advanced

PS: Just found someone with the same issue
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/18795008/accessing-hdfs-from-pig-udf
+
Cheolsoo Park 2013-10-30, 17:36
+