MapReduce >> mail # user >> How are 'PHYSICAL_MEMORY_BYTES' and 'VIRTUAL_MEMORY_BYTES' calculated?

Re: How are 'PHYSICAL_MEMORY_BYTES' and 'VIRTUAL_MEMORY_BYTES' calculated?
Thanks for the response. So they represent the total physical memory
(virtual memory) has been allocated to the job (e.g., from heap and stack)
during its entire life time? I am still confused how to get the cumulative
number from /proc/meminfo. I think from /proc/meminfo we can only get the
memory usage of a  process in a particular time point (looked like a
snapshot of the status of the process). If these numbers are added, the sum
would be much more than memory allocated to the program.