HBase >> mail # user >> HBase Checksum

+
Jean-Marc Spaggiari 2013-01-31, 22:46
+
Anoop Sam John 2013-02-01, 03:55
+
Robert Dyer 2013-02-01, 05:40
+
Anoop Sam John 2013-02-01, 05:51
+
Robert Dyer 2013-02-01, 06:23
Re: HBase Checksum
Hi Robert,

That's perfectly fine, it was my next question ;)
Anoop, I saw a 5% performance increase by activating HBase Checksum.
Can I disable it again to retry the baseline and see the difference?
Or now that it's there, it's to late?

Also, regarding BlockReaderLocal, I don't find that in my logs, but
after I have activated the shortcircuit, I saw a 41% performance
increase, so I'm almost sure it's working, but I don't know either how
 to check that.

What's the best way to see that on the logs? It's not display when
HBase is starting. Even not displayed when I'n doing major
compactions.

I turned org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.BlockReaderLocal loglevel to debug and
still can't see anything. Not in the region server, and not in the
datanode.

Also, to check with HDFS level logs whether the checksum meta file is
getting read to the DFS client, I'm not really sure how to acheive
that.

JM

+
Robert Dyer 2013-02-01, 19:37