Hadoop >> mail # user >> "No HADOOP COMMON HOME set."

"No HADOOP COMMON HOME set."
Hi guys : I followed the exact directions on the hadoop installation guide
for psuedo-distributed mode
here
http://hadoop.apache.org/common/docs/current/single_node_setup.html#Configuration

However, I get that several environmental variables are not set (for
example , "HaDOOP_COMMON_HOME" is not set)....

Also, hadoop reported that    HADOOP CONF was not set, as well.

Im wondering wether there is a resource on how to set environmental
variables to run hadoop ?

Thanks.

--
Jay Vyas