MapReduce >> mail # user >> backup of hdfs data

+
uday chopra 2012-11-06, 00:19
Re: backup of hdfs data
Conventional enterprise backup systems are rarely scaled for hadoop needs.  Both bandwidth and size are typically lacking.

My employer, Mapr, offers a hadoop-derived distribution that includes both point in time snapshots and remote mirrors. Contact me off line for more info.

Sent from my iPhone

On Nov 5, 2012, at 4:19 PM, uday chopra <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> What do folks do to backup hdfs data?
> Has anyone experience in trying to use enterprise solutions such as netbackup with datadomain D-2-D appliance for doing backups of data in hdfs? If so, what is the average dedup ratio? (I understand mileage can vary based on the type of data)
>
> Thanks,
> Uday
+
Jay Vyas 2012-11-06, 01:21