Zookeeper >> mail # user >> zk keeps disconnecting and reconnecting

+
Jun Rao 2011-08-23, 21:58
+
Ted Dunning 2011-08-23, 23:07
+
Jun Rao 2011-08-23, 23:24
+
Mahadev Konar 2011-08-24, 03:42
+
Patrick Hunt 2011-08-25, 16:34
+
Jun Rao 2011-08-29, 04:34
Re: zk keeps disconnecting and reconnecting
What's the impact of ZOOKEEPER-961? If it shows up, does that mean the
client won't get any watcher events afterwards? If so, this sounds like a
blocker for 3.4 release to me. What's the temporary solution for 3.3.3?

Also, for the very first time that the ZK client gets disconnected, I saw
the following entry in the log. It seems that the client can't ping the
server for 4 seconds. The ZK server was up at that time and the load was
minimal. What could cause the time out? Client GC pauses?

2011/08/26 10:58:22.306 INFO [ClientCnxn]
[main-SendThread(esv4-app27.stg:12913)] [kafka] Client session timed out,
have not heard from server in 4001ms for sessionid 0x131f
ddd84bc0006, closing socket connection and attempting reconnect

Thanks,

Jun

On Mon, Aug 29, 2011 at 7:54 AM, Thomas Koch <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Fournier, Camille F.:
> > Did anyone ever check resetting watches at client reconnect on a client
> > with a chroot? Looking at the code, we store the watches associated with
> > the non-chroot path, but they are set by the original request prepending
> > chroot to the request. However, it looks like the SetWatches request on
> > reconnect just calls get on the various watch lists from ZooKeeper, which
> > don't have the prepended chroot.
> >
> > I haven't written a test but I would bet dollars to donuts this is the
> > problem.

> seems to be this:
> ZOOKEEPER-961, ZOOKEEPER-1091
>
> Regards,