HBase, mail # dev - Branching for 0.92 [WAS -> Re: [DISCUSSION] Accumulo, another BigTable clone, has shown up on Apache Incubator as a proposal]

Re: Branching for 0.92 [WAS -> Re: [DISCUSSION] Accumulo, another BigTable clone, has shown up on Apache Incubator as a proposal]
Gary Helmling 2011-09-07, 17:49
The secure RPC engine would still have to be split off into a separate tree,
since there are some classes that derive from the SASL support and token
authentication in secure Hadoop.  Can't break compilation of the non-secure
profile.  If there's a way to add an extra source tree in a profile, that
could work.

My impression of maven was that it's more "regulated" than that, and that
modules were the blessed way of doing multiple source trees.  But I'll try
some experiments.  Any additional pointers are appreciated.