Accumulo >> mail # user >> [VOTE] 1.5.0-RC4

Re: [VOTE] 1.5.0-RC4
On Mon, May 20, 2013 at 3:30 PM, Billie Rinaldi
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> good:
> - src tarball matches the SVN tag and contains no unexpected binaries
> - all files expected to exist in the maven repo exist (javadoc, sources,
> pom, jar for relevant modules, bin and src tarball, rpm and deb)
> - files are named in the expected way (way to go christopher!)
> - bin tarball contains javadocs, manual pdfs, config.html, jars, and
> expected proxy and native map code
> - built native maps successfully from bin tarball
> - all files have licenses and LICENSE and NOTICE look good
>
> unexpected but not blockers:
> - built on Mac via mvn clean compile javadoc:aggregate install -P
> apache-release,seal-jars,check-licenses,thrift,native,assemble,docs
>   -- rat check fails on the three sample .rf files used for testing in
> accumulo-core (not a problem on CentOS)

It's curious that these aren't automatically detected as binary and
skipped automatically on a Mac. You may be able to fix that by editing
your system's mime-types.

>   -- added these files to the exclude list and successfully replicated the
> install in my local maven repo

You should check those excludes in. As binary, they should be skipped anyway.

>   -- but the src tarball it generated contains the jnilib file

This shouldn't happen on a clean checkout. I suspect this is because
it partially built before the rat failure, you rebuilt after the
failure, but without re-checking out the project.

> - the following entry in docs/config.html of the bin tarball seems
> unexpected (I'm not sure we want ctubbsii's user name in the documentation,
> but in any case we should probably correct the description that says it
> defaults to /tmp when it actually defaults to
> /tmp/accumulo-vfs-cache-<username>):
> reference to all of the classes loaded in the VM. This should be on local
> disk on each node with sufficient space. It defaults to /tmp</td>

This is definitely wrong! I can try to look into this.