MapReduce, mail # user - “hadoop namenode -format” formats wrong directory

+
Andrey V. Romanchev 2013-02-06, 15:07
+
Nitin Pawar 2013-02-06, 15:14
Re: “hadoop namenode -format” formats wrong directory
Andrey V. Romanchev 2013-02-06, 15:19
No.
Is it necessary? What directory it should point?

Just tested
export HADOOP_HOME=/mnt/ext/hadoop
the same problem, /tmp/hadoop-hadoop used
2013/2/6 Nitin Pawar <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

> have you set the variable HADOOP_HOME ?
>
> i just tested it and its working fine on my hdfs
>

> On Wed, Feb 6, 2013 at 8:37 PM, Andrey V. Romanchev <
> [EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
>> Hello!
>>
>> I'm trying to install Hadoop 1.1.2.21 on CentOS 6.3.
>>
>> I've configured dfs.name.dir in /etc/hadoop/conf/hdfs-site.xml file
>>
>> <name>dfs.name.dir</name>
>> <value>/mnt/ext/hadoop/hdfs/namenode</value>
>>
>> But when I run "hadoop namenode -format" command, it formats
>> /tmp/hadoop-hadoop/dfs/name directory instead. It seems like default
>> directory.
>>
>> What am I missing?
>>

> --
> Nitin Pawar