Avro >> mail # user >> Java MapReduce Avro Jackson Error

Re: Java MapReduce Avro Jackson Error

On Mar 19, 2012, at 4:20pm, Deepak Nettem wrote:

> I found that the Hadoop lib directory contains jackson-core-asl-1.0.1.jar and jackson-mapper-asl-1.0.1.jar.
>
> I removed these, but got this error:
> hadoop Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/codehaus/jackson/map/JsonMappingException

Just confirming that you restarted the Hadoop daemons after removing these older Jackson jars.

-- Ken

> I am using Maven as a build tool, and my pom.xml has this dependency:
>
>     <dependency>
>     <groupId>org.codehaus.jackson</groupId>
>       <artifactId>jackson-mapper-asl</artifactId>
>       <version>1.5.2</version>
>       <scope>compile</scope>
>     </dependency>
>
> Any help would on this issue would be greatly appreciated.
>
> Best,
> Deepak
>
> On Mon, Mar 19, 2012 at 6:48 PM, Deepak Nettem <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> When I include some Avro code in my Mapper, I get this error:
>
> Error: org.codehaus.jackson.JsonFactory.enable(Lorg/codehaus/jackson/JsonParser$Feature;)Lorg/codehaus/jackson/JsonFactory;
>
> Particularly, just these two lines of code:
>
>             InputStream in = getClass().getResourceAsStream("schema.avsc");
>             Schema schema = Schema.parse(in);
>
> This code works perfectly when run as a stand alone application outside of Hadoop. Why do I get this error? and what's the best way to get rid of it?
>
> I am using Hadoop 0.20.2, and writing code in the new API.

Ken Krugler
http://www.scaleunlimited.com
custom big data solutions & training
Hadoop, Cascading, Mahout & Solr