Flume, mail # user - Problem with 'reload' vs 'restart' of Flume?

Re: Problem with 'reload' vs 'restart' of Flume?
Hari Shreedharan 2013-05-08, 19:42
Hi Matt,

This is quite fine. When reload happens Flume tries to re-register the components with JMX so that it can update the metrics. But since an instance of the same type existed before, this exception shows up. I don't think this causes an issue - though you should confirm that you are able to see the metrics fine. Even with these errors in the logs, the components should work fine. In the logs you can see that the sink has started. These exceptions do not cause any data loss or components not to function.
Hari

--
Hari Shreedharan