Hive >> mail # user >> [VOTE] Bylaws for Apache Hive Project

+
Ashish Thusoo 2010-10-22, 21:51
+
John Sichi 2010-10-22, 21:54
+
Alex Boisvert 2010-10-22, 22:02
+
Ashish Thusoo 2010-10-22, 22:34
+
Zheng Shao 2010-10-24, 18:23
+
Edward Capriolo 2010-10-24, 21:16
+
Ashish Thusoo 2010-10-25, 21:18
Re: [VOTE] Bylaws for Apache Hive Project

On Oct 25, 2010, at 2:18 PM, Ashish Thusoo wrote:

> I have added the mailing lists to the document on Carl and Ed's
> suggestion. I am not sure if we should make public on who is in the
> committer pipeline.
>
> Joy's point is valid - should we explicitly call out lazy approval
> as one +1. It is expected that nothing would get committed unless a
> committer +1s a change and commits it.
>
> Alan, how is pig addressing this?
Pig requires a +1 from a committer (or an additional committer if a
committer contributed the code) in the code change case.  I didn't do
the best job of capturing that in the table, but that has been and
continues to be the practice in the our community.

On the votes for committer, I am fairly certain that PMC members are
barred from disclosing that people are being voted on.  I would
recommend checking with the Apache board before you open up this
information.

Alan.

> Ashish

+