Hadoop, mail # general - [VOTE] 0.23.4 release

+
Robert Evans 2012-09-29, 15:35
+
Arun C Murthy 2012-09-30, 21:28
+
Robert Evans 2012-10-01, 13:48
+
Arun C Murthy 2012-10-01, 20:35
+
Robert Evans 2012-10-01, 20:42
+
Jason Lowe 2012-10-01, 20:53
+
Robert Evans 2012-10-01, 21:05
+
Robert Evans 2012-10-01, 22:44
+
Owen OMalley 2012-10-05, 18:44
+
Arun Murthy 2012-10-05, 18:46
+
Robert Evans 2012-10-05, 19:41
+
Robert Evans 2012-10-08, 15:06
+
Siddharth Seth 2012-10-08, 18:51
+
Robert Evans 2012-10-08, 19:12
+
Aaron T. Myers 2012-10-09, 01:35
+
Siddharth Seth 2012-10-09, 19:03
+
Robert Evans 2012-10-15, 19:55
+
Konstantin Shvachko 2012-10-19, 21:27
+
Konstantin Shvachko 2012-10-19, 21:28
+
Robert Evans 2012-10-22, 17:53
+
Robert Evans 2012-10-22, 18:19
+
Konstantin Shvachko 2012-10-23, 00:04
+
Arun C Murthy 2012-10-23, 01:17
Re: [VOTE] 0.23.4 release
Robert Evans 2012-10-23, 15:14
I just wanted to be sure. I have update the files on people.apache.org.
Thanks for catching that.

--Bobby

On 10/22/12 8:17 PM, "Arun C Murthy" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

>On Oct 22, 2012, at 5:04 PM, Konstantin Shvachko wrote:
>
>> I believe the binary release is just a convenience that we provide to
>>users.
>> The actual release is the source. So I am not sure a new vote is needed.
>> But the tar file should be replaced in the official place somehow.
>> Otherwise people will be confused.
>>

>+1 to what Konstantin says.
>
>Arun
>
>> Thanks,
>> --Konstantin
>>
>> On Mon, Oct 22, 2012 at 11:19 AM, Robert Evans <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
>>wrote:
>>> I rebuilt the package using the same code and uploaded the new .tar.gz
>>>and
>>> everything that goes with it to
>>> http://people.apache.org/~bobby/hadoop-0.23.4-candidate-2-try-2/ The
>>>only
>>> thing I can think of is that it must have been caused by a bug in my
>>> script that I used to try and build a 64-bit version of the package as
>>> well.  I disabled that because it had other problems.  I don't know if
>>>you
>>> want to have me call another vote to try and replace the binary
>>>release or
>>> not, but this one has the correct hadoop-auth.jar in it now.
>>>
>>> Sorry about that.
>>>
>>> --Bobby

+
Vinod Kumar Vavilapalli 2012-10-15, 20:05
+
Arun C Murthy 2012-10-09, 13:42
+
Thomas Graves 2012-10-10, 15:47