MapReduce >> mail # user >> Re: YARN - specify hosts in ContainerRequest

Re: YARN - specify hosts in ContainerRequest
Hi Brian,

Your way of creation seems fine. Are you "adding" this to the
AMRMClient somewhere though, via [1], right before you call
allocate(progress)? Cause otherwise this object's not used at all.

P.s. I'm not sure we'll handle that null for racks all that well in
certain places yet; I've noticed errors in my app when I've missed
passing elements or passed them as nulls, but I didn't rebase it onto
2.0.3 yet so haven't reported anything so far - will do so soon. I'd
check the RM log to see if there's any WARN logged there with an NPE.

[1] - http://hadoop.apache.org/docs/current/api/org/apache/hadoop/yarn/client/AMRMClient.html#addContainerRequest(org.apache.hadoop.yarn.client.AMRMClient.ContainerRequest)

--
Harsh J
+