HDFS >> mail # user >> Re: Query about Speculative Execution

Re: Query about Speculative Execution
Given that Speculative Execution *is* the answer to such scenarios,
I'd say the answer to your question without it, is *nothing*.

If a task does not report status for over 10 minutes (default), it is
killed and retried. If it does report status changes (such as
counters, task status, etc.) but is slow due to environmental or other
reasons, then the JobTracker, without speculative execution logic
turned on, will assume it is normal.

--
Harsh J
+