Hadoop >> mail # general >> Thinking about the next hadoop mainline release

Re: Thinking about the next hadoop mainline release
Allen Wittenauer wrote on 06/17/11 at 13:27:43 -0700:

> Actually, I was just reminded about the complete disaster that is metrics.  So while it may be pseudo-stable, it  isn't actually usable for anyone but Yahoo!.

Did you try to use the new metrics framework? Are you complaining
cause there is no port of ganglia metrics module to metrics V2?

Its pluggable and you can choose to disable it if you want to.
All metrics and status information is available via jmx.
Multiple sinks and filters, more importantly you can refresh
metrics configs without restarting the process.

-rajive