HBase, mail # user - Issues running a large MapReduce job over a complete HBase table

Re: Issues running a large MapReduce job over a complete HBase table
Gabriel Reid 2010-12-07, 19:30
Hi St.Ack,

> You might be leaking scanners but that should have no effect on number
> of open store files.  On deploy of a region, we open its store files
> and hold them open and do not open others -- not unless
> compacting/splitting.
>
> Hope this helps,

Yes, huge help, thank you very much for the assistance and detailed explanation.

Just one further question: do you think that this is a common enough
problem to put it on the Troubleshooting page on the HBase wiki? If
you think it's worth having on there I'll add it right away.

Thanks again!

Gabriel