Pig, mail # user - Mixed input formats in LOAD path

Mixed input formats in LOAD path
Johannes Schwenk 2012-06-15, 12:13
Hi all,

is it possible to have an input path (as parameter to a LOAD statement)
that contains several files in *different formats* - say serialized Avro
data and tab separated values and make pig read the data into one alias?
I guess I have to write an UDF for this? How should I start, can you
sketch out a rough plan on how to proceed?
Greetings,
Johannes Schwenk

--
Softwareentwickler (Reporting)

ADITION technologies AG
Schwarzwaldstraße 78b
79117 Freiburg

http://www.adition.com

T +49 / (0)761 / 88147 - 30
F +49 / (0)761 / 88147 - 77
SUPPORT +49  / (0)1805 - ADITION

(Festnetzpreis 14 ct/min; Mobilfunkpreise maximal 42 ct/min)

Eingetragen beim Amtsgericht Düsseldorf unter HRB 54076
Vorstände: Andreas Kleiser, Jörg Klekamp, Tihomir Perkovic, Marcus Schlüter
Aufsichtsratsvorsitzender: Rechtsanwalt Daniel Raimer
UStIDNr.: DE 218 858 434

+
Ruslan Al-Fakikh 2012-06-15, 12:37
+