Hadoop >> mail # user >> Re: Decommissioning Nodes in Production Cluster.

Re: Decommissioning Nodes in Production Cluster.
Hi Dhanasekaran,
I believe you are trying to ask if it is recommended to use the
decommissioning feature to remove datanodes from your cluster, the answer
would be yes.  As far as how to do it, there should be some information
here http://wiki.apache.org/hadoop/FAQ that should help.

Regards,
Robert