Hive >> mail # user >> Union support in HCatalog

Union support in HCatalog
Hi All,

We have union data type support with Hive (tried Hive 0.9.0). However,
HCatalog 0.5.0 does not support it. I looked into the HCatalog code
org.apache.hcatalog.data.schema.HCatFieldSchema.Type to confirm this. It
does not list union data type. Please let me know if my understanding is
not correct. I did not find any JIRA opened for the same.

Thanks.