HBase, mail # user - Regarding Designing Hbase Table - for a banking scenario

Regarding Designing Hbase Table - for a banking scenario
Ramasubramanian Narayanan... 2012-12-24, 07:46
Hi,

How to design Rowkey for Hbase table for one to many relationship....

For example, the below is the relational table, which should be converted
to single table in HBase

Table Name : Customer
Customer Number
DOB
FName
MName
LName

Table Name : Address *(a single customer can have multiple address)*
Customer Number
Address Line1
Address Line2
Address Line3
Address Line4
State
City
Country

My understanding :
All fields of "Customer" can be of one Column Family "F1"
All fields of "Address" can be of another Column Family "F2"

Questions:
1) Is the above column family grouping will be good?
2) What should he rowkey for this given situation?
3) In general can we design a rowkey w.r.t the row that we populate? for
example, for specific rows I may have Columns A+B+C constitue a rowkey, for
some other records IN THE SAME TABLE, column B+C+D can be used as a rowkey?

regards,
Rams