HBase >> mail # dev >> VOTE: hbase-0.95RC1, the second "Development" Series Release is available [WAS -> VOTE: hbase-0.95.0RC0, the first "Developer Release" release candidate is available for download and vote]

Re: VOTE: hbase-0.95RC1, the second "Development" Series Release is available [WAS -> VOTE: hbase-0.95.0RC0, the first "Developer Release" release candidate is available for download and vote]
On Wed, Apr 3, 2013 at 10:11 AM, Todd Lipcon <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Shipping the native libs is difficult anyway, because the artifacts will
> depend on the particular architecture/OS that you compile on. (eg if you
> compile on Ubuntu 12.04, it'll be useless on RHEL6 or vice versa).
>
> If we want them to work out of the box, we'd need to cross-compile or
> otherwise do the native lib compile on a number of different slaves and
> collapse them back down into a single dist tarball.

Thanks Todd.  Yeah, the libs made on my mac build box won't be too
generally useful.

A cross-compile project as part of packaging will be a bit of an
undertaking.  Currently, the only native code we ship is the mlockall
support (http://hbase.apache.org/book.html#mlockall).

St.Ack