Accumulo >> mail # dev >> One of Checkstyle's rules is 'no spaces at end of line', anyone upset if I update the code (1.6) to follow it?

+
David Medinets 2013-03-06, 15:23
+
Christopher 2013-03-06, 19:57
Re: One of Checkstyle's rules is 'no spaces at end of line', anyone upset if I update the code (1.6) to follow it?
Chris, you seem to be correct. In fact, the Eclipse formatter actually
adds whitespace on blank lines.

  public static HdfsFileSystemConfigBuilder getInstance() {
    return BUILDER;
  }
<space><space>
  /**
  */

I removed the spaces show above. Then ran Source > Format. The spaces
were inserted for me.

I don't know how to make Eclipse stop adding the spaces. I tried
turning on the 'Remove trailing whitespace on all lines' option in
Java > Editor > Save Actions but that did not help.

Any ideas?

On Wed, Mar 6, 2013 at 2:57 PM, Christopher <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Wouldn't that rule conflict with our formatter? I'm pretty sure our
> formatter allows "blank" lines to be indented with spaces.
>
> --
> Christopher L Tubbs II
> http://gravatar.com/ctubbsii
>

> On Wed, Mar 6, 2013 at 10:23 AM, David Medinets
> <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>> I have a free day due to snowfall and while this is a fairly silly
>> rule, writing a short script to rule all the java files through sed
>> should be fairly painless. As part of this change, I will commit a
>> one-rule checkstyle.xml file which just runs this 'no spaces at end of
>> line' rule. Over time, more rules can be added to that align with the
>> Accumulo community's style guidelines.
>>
>> Any objection?
+
Billie Rinaldi 2013-03-06, 21:53