Accumulo, mail # dev - One of Checkstyle's rules is 'no spaces at end of line', anyone upset if I update the code (1.6) to follow it?

Re: One of Checkstyle's rules is 'no spaces at end of line', anyone upset if I update the code (1.6) to follow it?
David Medinets 2013-03-06, 21:29
Chris, you seem to be correct. In fact, the Eclipse formatter actually
adds whitespace on blank lines.

  public static HdfsFileSystemConfigBuilder getInstance() {
    return BUILDER;
  }
<space><space>
  /**
  */

I removed the spaces show above. Then ran Source > Format. The spaces
were inserted for me.

I don't know how to make Eclipse stop adding the spaces. I tried
turning on the 'Remove trailing whitespace on all lines' option in
Java > Editor > Save Actions but that did not help.

Any ideas?