Zookeeper >> mail # user >> Clarification regarding maxClientCnxns parameter

+
Richards Peter 2013-05-28, 07:41
Re: Clarification regarding maxClientCnxns parameter

On May 28, 2013, at 9:41 AM, Richards Peter <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> I would like to know whether clients connect to
> different machines in the ensemble for each connection.

Each clients has a connection to a single zookeeper server at a time.

> I mean is there a
> kind of load balancing taking place when a client tries to make connection
> to zookeeper ensemble.

A client selects a server to connect to from the list of available servers at random. We added load balancing for the reconfiguration work, which is not available in a release yet, only through trunk.
> Why is there a restriction on per-zookeeper-server
> basis?

I believe this is to prevent some issues like file descriptor exhaustion, but you can make it unbounded by setting it to 0 if it suits your needs.

> I would also like to know whether virtual IPs are treated as different IPs
> by zookeeper. Will I be able to check this in some log file of zookeeper?

I have never come across this issue before, so perhaps someone else in the list has some insight about it. Or, you can give me some more insight about your setting and we can try to figure it out.

-Flavio
+
Richards Peter 2013-05-29, 12:31
+