Flume >> mail # user >> Lightweight workaround for FLUME-1137, Hadoop classes required for File channel

+
brian.hart@... 2013-05-02, 13:15
+
Brock Noland 2013-05-02, 14:09
Re: Lightweight workaround for FLUME-1137, Hadoop classes required for File channel
Confirmed, I put hadoop-core-1.1.2.jar in Flume's lib dir and this fixed the issue for me.  Thanks for the quick response.

From: Brock Noland <[EMAIL PROTECTED]<mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>>
Date: Thursday, May 2, 2013 10:09 AM
To: "[EMAIL PROTECTED]<mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]<mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>>
Subject: Re: Lightweight workaround for FLUME-1137, Hadoop classes required for File channel

You only need the hadoop-core jar. Thanks for pointing out 1137. Work is progressing on this issue in FLUME-1285<https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/FLUME-1285>.
On Thu, May 2, 2013 at 8:15 AM, <[EMAIL PROTECTED]<mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>> wrote:
Hi I'm running up against FLUME-1137 (https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/FLUME-1137) and am trying to determine the "lightest" way I can work around this.  That is, I want to be able to use the File channel without loading a lot of extraneous classes or having a full Hadoop install.

I'm capturing DNS query log info and sending it to a central server, so I'm using the exec source type to tail –F the query log, and avro sink type to send the messages on.

Suggestions for getting the File channel working?

Thanks.