HBase >> mail # dev >> VOTE: hbase-0.95.2 release candidate 0 is available for download

VOTE: hbase-0.95.2 release candidate 0 is available for download
Here is our first 0.95.2 release candidate.  Should we put this out as 0.95.
2?

Since 0.95.2 is a "Development" Series release [1], so lets keep the vote
period short.  Please vote by this Monday, August 19th.  The release has to
just basically "work".

The release artifacts may be downloaded from:

  http://people.apache.org/~stack/hbase-0.95.2RC0/

~340 issues have been closed since we put out 0.95.1 [2].

All feedback is welcome.  We'd be interested in getting comments on
everything from the packaging, layout, through documentation, UI, and of
course,
any bugs found.  I deployed to maven [3] and would particularly like
to hear from downstream projects on whether our maven packaging is
palatable.

This is the last in the 0.95 series of development releases.  You can think
of this
release as a 0.96.0-beta.  No more features will come in on the 0.95
branch.  Only
fixes and polish are allowed from here on out.  I intend to branch 0.96
from 0.95
branch next week and put up a 0.96.0RC0 soon after.

Thanks,
St.Ack

1. http://hbase.apache.org/book.html#hbase.versioning
2.