HBase >> mail # user >> hbase-master-server slept

Re: hbase-master-server slept
On Fri, Feb 8, 2013 at 1:26 AM, Marcos Ortiz <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Regards, So,
> Can you provide more information about your setup?
> - HBase version
> - Hadoop version
> - Operating System
> - Java version

This would be helpful.

I would also like to see that GC log please.

> Did you check the link?
> Todd wrote a series of posts in Cloudera´s blog about Java Long GC pauses,
> HBase and Zookeeper.
> It´s a great read:
> http://www.cloudera.com/blog/2011/02/avoiding-full-gcs-in-hbase-with-memstore-local-allocation-buffers-part-1/
> http://www.cloudera.com/blog/2011/02/avoiding-full-gcs-in-hbase-with-memstore-local-allocation-buffers-part-2/

The master doesn't have memstores so this wouldn't help. In fact it's
pretty rare that we see the master with GC issues. I recall seing
issues with time travelling (machine clock's too slow and ntpd resets
it) or on EC2 where sometimes you'd see random machine pauses out of
nowhere (although that was a long time ago and haven't used EC2
since).

J-D