Hive >> mail # user >> hive opload shows NULL from hdfs

+
yogesh.kumar13@... 2012-07-12, 10:16
Re: hive opload shows NULL from hdfs
Create your table using this command :

create table parthp (no INT , name STRING , result STRING , class INT
)  row format delimited fields terminated by "," ;

In hive the delimiters are assumed to be ^A(ctrl-a), by default.

Regards,
    Mohammad Tariq
On Thu, Jul 12, 2012 at 3:46 PM,  <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I am trying to upload files from hdfs to hive table,
>
> file in hdfs are imported by sqoop tool from mysql having table structure

> no    name   result  class
> ---------------------------------
> 6      vishu   pass    7
> 7      hana   pass    6

> in hdfs it shows there records as
>
> hadoop dfs -cat /try/part/part-m-00003
> 6,vishu,pass,7
> 7,hana,pass,6
>
> now I have created table in hive ( using same datatype as were in mysql)
>
> create table parthp (no INT , name STRING , result STRING , class INT )  ;
>
> and used this command to upload data into hive table
>
> hive> load data inpath 'hdfs://localhost:9000/try/part/part-m-00003' into
> table parthp ;
>
> and it results.
>
> hive> load data inpath 'hdfs://localhost:9000/try/part/part-m-00003' into
> table parthp ;
> OK
> Time taken: 0.145 seconds
>
> now if i do
>
> hive> select * from parthp;
> it results
>
> hive> select * from parthp;
> OK
> NULL    NULL    NULL    NULL
> NULL    NULL    NULL    NULL
> Time taken: 0.056 seconds
>
> why is it showing null, I have used the same data types as were in MySql,
>
> (no INT(11) --> no INT, name VARCHAR(45) ---> name STRING , result
> VARCHAR(45) ----> result STRING ,  class INT(11) ---> class INT)
>
> Please suggest and help
>
> Thanks & Regards
> Yogesh Kumar

> message and any attachments.
>
> WARNING: Computer viruses can be transmitted via email. The recipient should
> check this email and any attachments for the presence of viruses. The
> by this email.
>
> www.wipro.com
+
yogesh.kumar13@... 2012-07-12, 11:03