Hadoop, mail # user - What should I do with a 48-node cluster

+
Mark Kerzner 2012-12-20, 03:17
+
Mohammad Tariq 2012-12-20, 03:23
Re: What should I do with a 48-node cluster
Mark Kerzner 2012-12-20, 03:29
Sure, I love hardware, but aren't the hosting costs prohibitively high?

Mark

On Wed, Dec 19, 2012 at 9:23 PM, Mohammad Tariq <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Hello sir,
>
>      If you think the deal fits in your budget, better go for it. It's
> just a 1 time investment and provides you more control on your cluster than
> AWS. You can get your hands dirty with some config & admin stuff as well,
> in case you haven't touched that part yet. But, go for it iff you are
> totally confident about the machines and the person you are dealing with.
>
> Best Regards,
> Tariq
> +91-9741563634
>

> On Thu, Dec 20, 2012 at 8:47 AM, Mark Kerzner <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> Someone wants to give me (OK, sell, but for the cheap) a 48-node cluster
>> of decent blades, a few years old. Should I even thy to think of what to do
>> with them, given that one can use dedicated servers and Amazon's EC2?
>>
>> Thank you. Sincerely,
>> Mark

+
Mapred Learn 2012-12-20, 03:32