HBase, mail # user - Storing images in Hbase

Re: Storing images in Hbase
Jack Levin 2013-01-11, 17:47
We buffer all accesses to HBASE with Varnish SSD based caching layer.
So the impact for reads is negligible.  We have 70 node cluster, 8 GB
of RAM per node, relatively weak nodes (intel core 2 duo), with
10-12TB per server of disks.  Inserting 600,000 images per day.  We
have relatively little of compaction activity as we made our write
cache much larger than read cache - so we don't experience region file
fragmentation as much.

-Jack