HBase, mail # dev - Can a server function make a rpc call to the corresponding client

+
Dishant A 2012-06-27, 15:46
+
Jean-Daniel Cryans 2012-06-27, 17:44
+
Dishant A 2012-06-28, 01:25
RE: Can a server function make a rpc call to the corresponding client
Anoop Sam John 2012-06-28, 04:59
Hi
    Can you write your code in a co processor impl? So that server can call your code. CP will run at server side.
I am not sure whether you must come to the client process itself.

-Anoop-
From: Dishant A [[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Thursday, June 28, 2012 6:55 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: Can a server function make a rpc call to the corresponding client

I am working on developing encrypted hbase storage.

The task I am working on currently requires a temporary key from the client
to decrypt the value. I cannot pass it during the client to server RPC as
it will only be known at the time of processing (on server side) so as to
which key is needed. I need to make a RPC to the client to get that key.
Can you suggest a way to do it?
On Wed, Jun 27, 2012 at 1:44 PM, Jean-Daniel Cryans <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>wrote:

> You probably don't want to do that.
>
> What are you trying to achieve exactly?
>
> J-D
>
> On Wed, Jun 27, 2012 at 8:46 AM, Dishant A <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> wrote:
> > Hi Everyone,
> >
> > I am working on a project that requires some information from the client
> at
> > runtime.
> >
> > So I need to make a RPC to the client with some arguments from a server
> > side function (SingleColumnValueFIlter.java). Can anyone please tell me
> how
> > I can do it.
> >
> > Thanks,
> > Dishant

+
Dishant A 2012-06-28, 14:41
+
Anoop Sam John 2012-06-28, 16:35
+
Ramkrishna.S.Vasudevan 2012-06-28, 15:00