Sqoop >> mail # user >> password in job.xml

+
ranjith raghunath 2013-01-24, 02:25
+
Jarek Jarcec Cecho 2013-01-24, 04:11
+
ranjith raghunath 2013-01-24, 04:56
Re: password in job.xml
Hi Ranjith,
Sqoop2 is doing the same with password at the moment, but we prepared the architecture to change that very easily and we will do that very soon. Unfortunately I do not have precise date for you available. Stay tuned :-)

Jarcec

On Wed, Jan 23, 2013 at 10:56:34PM -0600, ranjith raghunath wrote:
> Thanks for the response. When is sqoop 2 getting released with this feature?
> On Jan 23, 2013 10:12 PM, "Jarek Jarcec Cecho" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
> > Hi Ranjith,
> > unfortunately there is no way how to overcome this in Sqoop 1 at the
> > moment.
> >
> > Jarcec
> >
> > On Wed, Jan 23, 2013 at 08:25:50PM -0600, ranjith raghunath wrote:
> > > I have noticed that with Sqoop the passwords get exposed in clear text in
> > > the job.xml file. Since this is available through the jobtracker is there
> > > an option to remove them from being exposed?
> > >
> > > Thanks

+
ranjith raghunath 2013-01-25, 00:59