Hive >> mail # user >> string to int conversion (with leading zeros)

string to int conversion (with leading zeros)
Hi all,

I need to convert a string attribute that contains ints with occasional
leading zeroes. Unfortunately, I can't simply cast() as Hive will try to
parse those numbers as octals. Is a regex the only solution?

thanks!
igor
decide.com