Hive >> mail # user >> histogram_numeric find the most frequent value

histogram_numeric find the most frequent value
I want to find the most frequent value of a column, I noticed histogram_numerc,
but I cannot specify the bin boundary. The result is not what I want.
take an example as follows,  I want something like
select gid, most_frequent(category) from mytable group by gid.
where category is a column with descritized values.
thanks.
Richard