Hadoop, mail # dev - [VOTE] Hadoop-1.0.0 release candidate 2

+
Matt Foley 2011-12-08, 19:57
+
Roman Shaposhnik 2011-12-09, 22:47
+
Matt Foley 2011-12-09, 23:26
+
Roman Shaposhnik 2011-12-09, 23:57
+
Matt Foley 2011-12-10, 00:30
+
Roman Shaposhnik 2011-12-10, 00:39
+
Chris K Wensel 2011-12-13, 21:02
+
Roman Shaposhnik 2011-12-10, 02:21
+
Ashutosh Chauhan 2011-12-10, 02:29
+
Roman Shaposhnik 2011-12-10, 03:52
+
Roman Shaposhnik 2011-12-10, 19:23
+
Matt Foley 2011-12-10, 20:24
+
Roman Shaposhnik 2011-12-13, 04:20
+
Matt Foley 2011-12-13, 06:59
+
Roman Shaposhnik 2011-12-10, 06:46
+
Matt Foley 2011-12-14, 02:17
Re: [VOTE] Hadoop-1.0.0 release candidate 2
Matt Foley 2011-12-16, 08:32
Dear all,
I have a clean build of the below, that passes junit testing, and was about
to post it, when I got email about the newly opened
HADOOP-7929<https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HADOOP-7929> "Port
HADOOP-7070 to branch-1".  It appears this prevents secure HBase from
working with secure Hadoop.  Since HBase support is a key element of 1.0.0,
and it seems this will be fixable fairly promptly, I am going to wait
another day for 1.0.0-rc3.

Thanks for your patience,
--Matt

On Tue, Dec 13, 2011 at 6:17 PM, Matt Foley <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> In various emails and jiras, I have been asked to incorporate the
> following additional patches in 1.0.0:
>
>    - MAPREDUCE-3319 (Roman)
>    - HADOOP-7903 (Arpit)
>    - MAPREDUCE-3475 (Daryn)
>    - HDFS-2589 (Daryn)
>    - HADOOP jira about to be opened (Chris W.) for missing jackson
>    dependency in hadoop pom.
>
> I have not heard of any other significant issues in this build.
> I will re-spin the release candidate tomorrow.
>
> Thanks,
> --Matt
>
> On Thu, Dec 8, 2011 at 11:57 AM, Matt Foley <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
>> Hello all,
>> I have posted a release candidate for Hadoop 1.0.0 at
>>     http://people.apache.org/~mattf/hadoop-1.0.0-rc2/
>>
>> Please download, evaluate, and vote on this list.
>> The artifacts will be posted to the maven repo shortly.
>> The vote will close at noon PST on Thursday 15 Dec.
>>
>> It may be of interest that it is important to use an appropriate version
>> of Java.
>> I lost several days due to instabilities apparently in Oracle JDK
>> 1.6.0_23, which
>> caused about 30 junit test failures in contrib (streaming, schedulers,
>> and gridmix).
>> Switching to JDK 1.6.0_26 made the problems go away.
>>
>> The release artifacts in this hadoop-1.0.0-rc2 were build with
>> JDK 1.6.0_26.
>>
>> Thank you,
>> --Matt (Release Manager for 1.0.0, formerly known as 0.20.205.1)

+
Stack 2011-12-16, 17:56
+
Andrew Purtell 2011-12-16, 20:14