Hadoop >> mail # general >> Plans for the 0.22 Release

+
Ian Holsman 2010-12-16, 18:54
+
Owen OMalley 2010-12-16, 19:15
+
Ian Holsman 2010-12-16, 20:26
+
Owen OMalley 2010-12-16, 22:00
+
Ian Holsman 2010-12-16, 23:10
+
Konstantin Boudnik 2010-12-17, 05:16
+
Ian Holsman 2010-12-17, 05:37
+
Konstantin Shvachko 2010-12-17, 22:34
Re: Plans for the 0.22 Release
On 12/17/2010 02:34 PM, Konstantin Shvachko wrote:
> It could be a zero-option plan - remove dependencies both for Avro and
> ProtocolBuffers out into libraries, similar to schedulers.

I'd be fine with removing Avro from the mapreduce user's classpath.
It's currently an unused option for RPC, and is used server-side on the
jobtracker.  It could be removed from the user classpath today without
loss of critical functionality.

Doug
+
Owen OMalley 2010-12-20, 07:27