Hadoop >> mail # general >> Plans for the 0.22 Release

Re: Plans for the 0.22 Release
On 12/17/2010 02:34 PM, Konstantin Shvachko wrote:
> It could be a zero-option plan - remove dependencies both for Avro and
> ProtocolBuffers out into libraries, similar to schedulers.

I'd be fine with removing Avro from the mapreduce user's classpath.
It's currently an unused option for RPC, and is used server-side on the
jobtracker.  It could be removed from the user classpath today without
loss of critical functionality.

Doug