Accumulo, mail # dev - Accumulo 1.6 and beyond feature summit

+
Adam Fuchs 2013-01-27, 01:10
+
Josh Elser 2013-01-29, 01:37
+
Keith Turner 2013-01-27, 17:26
+
Eric Newton 2013-01-27, 20:43
+
Eric Newton 2013-01-27, 22:07
+
David Medinets 2013-01-28, 15:46
+
Jim Klucar 2013-01-28, 16:38
+
Josh Elser 2013-01-28, 17:03
+
Eric Newton 2013-01-28, 19:26
+
Josh Elser 2013-01-28, 21:34
+
William Slacum 2013-01-29, 00:12
+
Dave Marion 2013-01-29, 00:21
+
William Slacum 2013-01-29, 00:32
+
Dave Marion 2013-01-29, 00:50
Re: Accumulo 1.6 and beyond feature summit
Keith Turner 2013-01-29, 17:15
On Mon, Jan 28, 2013 at 7:12 PM, William Slacum
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> I'd like to see:
>
> - Data triggers on insertion
> - REST interface for looking up ranges of keys
> - A DSL or some other interpreted language for crafting iterators
>   - there's the clojure iterator, but something like python (via jython) or
> javascript (via rhino) would be more adoptable
> - Adding a clean up hook to iterators

I was thinking about this.   If we added a close() method to the SKVI
interface then it would break existing iterators.  Another option
would be to support closing iterators that implement Closeable.  So if
in iterators is an intstanceof Closeable then the framework could
close it when its finished with the iterator.   I wish there had been
a 1.5 ticket for this, I think it would have been fairly simple to
implement.

> - Allowing iterators to launch connections to other services (caching,
> other tservers) to retrieve or write data
> - Merging of the batch scanner and scanner implementations
>   - a batch scanner with 1 thread have the same behavior as a scanner
>   - scanners have a close() method on them
> - Adding some builder interface for creating and introspecting iterator
> stacks
> - Clients being able to scan to specific keys using the scan command
+
Christopher 2013-01-29, 17:34
+
Keith Turner 2013-01-29, 17:38