Accumulo, mail # dev - Accumulo 1.6 and beyond feature summit

Re: Accumulo 1.6 and beyond feature summit
Keith Turner 2013-01-29, 17:15
On Mon, Jan 28, 2013 at 7:12 PM, William Slacum
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> I'd like to see:
>
> - Data triggers on insertion
> - REST interface for looking up ranges of keys
> - A DSL or some other interpreted language for crafting iterators
>   - there's the clojure iterator, but something like python (via jython) or
> javascript (via rhino) would be more adoptable
> - Adding a clean up hook to iterators

I was thinking about this.   If we added a close() method to the SKVI
interface then it would break existing iterators.  Another option
would be to support closing iterators that implement Closeable.  So if
in iterators is an intstanceof Closeable then the framework could
close it when its finished with the iterator.   I wish there had been
a 1.5 ticket for this, I think it would have been fairly simple to
implement.