Hive >> mail # user >> Find out what's causing an InvalidOperationException

Find out what's causing an InvalidOperationException
Hi all,

On running a statement of the form "INSERT INTO TABLE tbl1 PARTITION(p1)
SELECT x1 FROM tbl2", I get the following error:

"Failed with exception java.lang.ClassCastException:
org.apache.hadoop.hive.metastore.api.InvalidOperationException cannot be
cast to java.lang.RuntimeException"

How can I find out what is causing this error? I.e. which logs should I
look at?

Cheers,

Krishna