HBase >> mail # dev >> DISCUSS : HFile V3 proposal for tags in 0.96

Re: DISCUSS : HFile V3 proposal for tags in 0.96
On Thu, Jul 18, 2013 at 10:12 PM, Stack <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> >  We have been working on this and will have a clean patch with good
> amount
> > of testing in time for 0.96.
> >

> I'd think that your moving into a green field by doing an hfilev3 would
> make it so your work could run independent of 0.96 timeline; i.e. it could
> come in post 0.96?
We have work like HBASE-7662 (HBASE-6222) queued up for a while waiting for
inline tags support. My analysis with prototypes of those indicated that
inline tags storage would be key toward keeping performance variability to
a minimum with those features in effect. I would like to see 0.96 shipping
with an inline tags capability in core so those coprocessor use cases can
move forward and let interested users try them out. 6222 is ready to go but
for the core support.

--
Best regards,

   - Andy