Hive, mail # user - Re: create a hive table: always a tab space before each line

+
Nitin Pawar 2013-01-09, 09:07
+
Dean Wampler 2013-01-09, 14:38
+
Richard 2013-01-14, 14:58
+
Dean Wampler 2013-01-14, 15:56
Re: create a hive table: always a tab space before each line
Anurag Tangri 2013-01-09, 09:17
Hi Richard,
You should set the format in create external table command based on the format of your data on HDFS.

Is your data text file or seq file on HDFS ?

Thanks,
Anurag Tangri

Sent from my iPhone

On Jan 9, 2013, at 12:49 AM, Richard  <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> more information:
>
> if I set the format as textfile, there is no tab space.
> if I set the format as sequencefile and view the content via hadoop fs -text, I saw a tab space in the head of each line.
>
> At 2013-01-09 15:44:00,Richard <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> hi there
>
> I have a problem with creating a hive table.
> no matter what field delimiter I used, I always got a tab space in the head of each line (a line is a record).
> something like this:
> \t f1 \001 f2 \001 f3 ...
> where f1 , f2 , f3 denotes the field value and \001 is the field separator.
>
> here is the clause I used
> 35 create external table if not exists ${HIVETBL_my_table}
>  36 (
>  37 nid string,
>  38 userid string,
>  39 spv bigint,
>  40 sipv bigint,
>  41 pay bigint,
>  42 spay bigint,
>  43 ipv bigint,
>  44 sellerid string,
>  45 cate string
>  46 )
>  47 partitioned by(ds string)
>  48 row format delimited fields terminated by '\001' lines terminated by '\n'
>  49 stored as sequencefile
>  50 location '${HADOOP_PATH_4_MY_HIVE}/${HIVETBL_my_table}';
>
> thanks for help.
>
> Richard

+
Richard 2013-01-09, 09:22