Avro >> mail # user >> Make a copy of an avro record

+
Jeremy Lewi 2012-03-11, 20:40
+
easyvoip@... 2012-03-11, 20:52
+
Jeremy Lewi 2012-03-11, 21:22
Re: Make a copy of an avro record
GenericData is a singleton.  You can use the static method
GenericData#get() to obtain the singleton instance:

http://avro.apache.org/docs/current/api/java/org/apache/avro/generic/GenericData.html#get()

-James
On Sun, Mar 11, 2012 at 5:22 PM, Jeremy Lewi <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Yes. How do I instantiate an instance of GenericData though? It looks like
> its constructors are protected.
>
> Thanks
>

> On Sun, Mar 11, 2012 at 1:52 PM, <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
>> There is deepcopy method on genericdata I think
>>
>> I used it to create deep copies of the avro data
>>
>> Sent from my iPhone
>>
>> On Mar 11, 2012, at 3:40 PM, Jeremy Lewi <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>>
>> > Hi,
>> >
>> > In java, I'd like to make a deep copy of an avro record.
>> >
>> > Looking at the code that the avro compiler generates it looks like the
>> way to do this for records of type GraphNodeData
>> > would be
>> > GraphNodeData copy = GraphNodeData.newBuilder(existing_value).build();
>> >
>> > where GraphNodeData is the name of my avro record.
>> >
>> > Unfortunately, this generates a compile time error because
>> > the method GraphNodeData.build  is decorated with "@Override" but it
>> apparently does not override any method.
>> > Deleting "@Override" makes the code work. Unfortunately, I would have
>> to do this every time I regenerated my avro classes from the schema.
>> >
>> > Am I doing something wrong or should I file a bug?
>> >
>> > Thanks

Jeremy Lewi 2012-03-12, 02:37
+
Jeremy Lewi 2012-03-12, 04:07