Avro >> mail # user >> Is Avro right for me?

+
Mark 2013-05-23, 20:29
+
Sean Busbey 2013-05-24, 04:16
+
Mark 2013-05-26, 16:39
+
Martin Kleppmann 2013-05-27, 13:25
+
Russell Jurney 2013-05-27, 18:08
+
Stefan Krawczyk 2013-05-27, 19:00
+
Martin Kleppmann 2013-05-27, 19:34
+
Mark 2013-05-28, 22:38
+
Martin Kleppmann 2013-05-29, 10:16
+
Mike Percy 2013-05-29, 00:02
Re: Is Avro right for me?
So basically Avro RPC is out of the question? Instead I would need to Avro Message -> Thrift -> Flume? Is that along the right lines or am I missing something?

On May 28, 2013, at 5:02 PM, Mike Percy <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Regarding Ruby support, we recently added support for Thrift RPC, so you can now send messages to Flume via Ruby and other non-JVM languages. We don't have out-of-the-box client APIs for those yet but would be happy to accept patches for it :)

+
Mike Percy 2013-05-30, 03:02
+
Mark 2013-06-05, 03:10