Zookeeper, mail # dev - Features that depends on txnlog lookup and its integrity

Features that depends on txnlog lookup and its integrity
Thawan Kooburat 2013-06-01, 00:26
Hi,

I just want to start a discussion about the usage of txnlog. Here is the list of features that need to lookup information from txnlog. Theses feature need to ensure the integrity of txnlog and having an efficient lookup is good for performance as well.

ZOOKEEPER-1413 -  The leader use txnlog to synchronize with the learners.It need to read txnlog in sequential manner starting from a given zxid.
ZOOKEEPER-22 – The design proposal mentioned that the leader should lookup txnlog to response to the client if a request is accepted by the client or not. The server need to lookup txn by sessionId and cxid
ZOOKEEPER-1416 – The server need to be able to tell the list of deleted nodes starting a given zxid.  One possible implementation is to walk txnlog staring from a given zxid and look for delete txn.

Do we need to change the way we store txnlog so that we can ensure integrity and more efficient lookup?

--
Thawan Kooburat